- f you’re travelling out of town for
the holiday, consider leaving your pets at home with a pet sitter
or boarding them in a kennel. If you need to bring them with you,
be sure you know how
to keep them safe.
- Follow safe food handling and
hygiene practices to protect your family and guests.
After the celebrations:
- Check your yard for fireworks debris
before allowing pets outside to play or relax. Even if you didn’t
set off fireworks yourself, debris can make its way into your yard,
where curious animals may pick it up to play with or eat.
- Check your pastures and remove debris to
protect horses and livestock.
- If you hosted guests, check both your yard and home
for food scraps or other debris that
might be dangerous to pets, such as food skewers.
of July Pet Safety Tips
Microchip Information: August
15 is Check the Chip Day